A new four-rink bowling green was laid in Phillimore Recreation Ground and opened to the public by Hon. Mrs. Phillimore on 12th June 1930.
There was little local interest until October 1932 when a few interested men met to discuss the possibility of forming a bowls club. Following a public meeting, nineteen men agreed to form Radlett Bowls Club. The club was founded in 1933 and became affiliated to the Hertfordshire County Bowls Association and the Watford and District Bowling Association.
1939. Aldenham Parish Council enlarged the green to six rinks. By 1941 the membership, still all male, had risen to over fifty. In the same year, the Club President was knighted to become Sir F. W. Leggett KBE, CB and he became County President in 1951. At one time, two members were Knights of the Realm.
1983. The green rent paid to Aldenham Parish Council was £300 per annum, with the ground staff sharing the pavilion with the bowlers.
1986. A ladies’ section was introduced, soon to be followed by becoming the first club in Hertfordshire to be ‘mixed’. Aldenham Bus Works BC closed and a number of their bowlers joined Radlett.
Up to 1989, during the football season, what used to be the ladies’ dressing room was used by the referee and the then men’s dressing room, that contained showers, was used for the players. When a new brick pavilion was built in 1989 on the opposite side of the green, the ground staff and footballers moved in, enabling the bowlers to have exclusive use of the original pavilion. A new flagpole was erected and the green was completely fenced.
1993 was Diamond Jubilee year, celebrated with men’s matches against Hertfordshire County and Watford and District. The ladies played against St. Albans and District, Watford and District and the County.
1995. An automatic watering system was installed. A new changing room plus sundry equipment was purchased from Campfield Press BC when they closed down, and became the ladies’ changing room. A number of their bowlers joined Radlett.
2001/2002. A major refurbishment of the clubhouse was made during the winter. The adjoining public toilets had been closed due to vandalism, and alterations were made to incorporate them into the clubhouse, at the same time removing the walls of what was the ladies’ changing room to enlarge the main area. A new kitchen was fitted, carpet tiles laid and the interior decorated. Club members did most of the work. The ladies’ and men’s changing rooms were swapped over.
2002/2003. The ladies’ changing room was improved by removing the old bath/shower facilities, the purchase of new lockers, cupboards and seating. The men’s changing room had a new roof and seating.